Chateau on the Ridge is Northeast Arkansas’ newest comprehensive retirement community. Our beautiful 53-acre community is perched on a rolling hillside in Paragould, Arkansas
Chateau on the Ridge Assisted Living is committed to providing a living environment for senior adults to call home. Our continued desire is to be the Region’s Beacon of Health, Hope and Healing and to provide an environment that will enable residents to be as self-sufficient as possible while meeting their daily living needs. Our Mission is to enrich the lives of our residents and promote their independence, health and social interaction making it possible for them to live every day to the fullest.
Chateau on the Ridge is an Arkansas Methodist Medical Center Continuing Care Retirement Community. In August of 2007, the board of directors for The Foundation at Arkansas Methodist Medical Center, along with the medical center’s management and staff, determined that Northeast Arkansas was in need of a top-quality retirement community for its aging citizens.
In July of 2008, a corporation was formed, led by a Retirement Community Board of Directors which was comprised of community leaders, and planning began in earnest. Members of the board visited locations across the United States in order to identify industry best practices and to ensure that Chateau on the Ridge would be among the nation’s finest retirement communities. The board also oversaw the selection and purchase of 53 rolling, wooded acres off Carroll Road in Paragould, Arkansas. A groundbreaking ceremony on August 27, 2010 signaled the official start to construction.
On November 15, 2011, Chateau on the Ridge officially welcomed its first residents with the grand opening of the Assisted Living Center.
Arkansas Methodist Medical Center’s history of “health, hope and healing” dates back to opening of the Dickson Memorial Hospital in 1907. As the area prospered and the population grew it became apparent that a larger hospital was needed. On October 16, 1949, the new Community Methodist Hospital was formally dedicated and the first baby was delivered the same day. In 1981, the name was officially changed to Arkansas Methodist Hospital.
In 2000, Arkansas Methodist Hospital completed a 70,000 square foot renovation and new construction project. In 2005, the name was officially changed to Arkansas Methodist Medical Center to better reflect the wide-range of services offered at AMMC.